A magic mushroom is a fungus. It is among those mushroom fungi that contain a very special compound called psilocybin. These mushrooms are becoming quite popular and widely known for their therapeutic properties and their benefits in health, medicine, and recreation. Psilocybin, the psychoactive hallucinogenic compound found in magic mushrooms, is very similar to serotonin, and so, it interacts with the same brain receptors. Although they are rather unassuming in appearance and look like many other mushrooms, they are unique and special. Some characteristics include:
- When their surface is disturbed or they are crushed, they stain blue
- When consumed they have a profound effect on our brain activity
- They carry a hallucinogen called psilocybin
All psilocybin mushrooms provide a trip, but among the 180 different magic mushrooms, there are some that are the most popular. The reasons are:
- They contain more psilocybin
- They are easier to cultivate or harvest
- They aren’t picky when it comes to their growth environment
- Their first yield is higher
- Their number of flushes is higher
Of the 180 Magic Mushrooms, Five Are the Most Popular
Because of potency, efficacy, and ease of adaptability to growing conditions, these following magic mushrooms have become quite popular.
1. Psilocybe cubensis strain
There are Five varieties of cubensis. Cubensis makes the top of the list with these five unique strains, they are:
• B+ P. cubensis: This one has it all. It provides a high yield, it can be grown conveniently, it is a large strain, can be grown indoors and not in growing bags, and it is hardy, not in need of attentive pampering. Basically, it is suitable for those not used to more finicky magic mushroom growth requirements. Adapting easily to a variety of climates, weather and growing conditions, it is the best variety for beginner cultivators.
• PES Amazonian P. cubensis strain: Named derived from the Amazonian rain forest, from where it originates, it is the most potent of the P. cubensis strains. This highly adaptable mushroom delivers a big trip. It is one of the larger varieties, with a height averaging 6 to 12 inches. Easily adaptable, it can either be collected from the forest of its origin or grown by a cultivator.
• McKennaii P. cubensis strain: This unique strain has gained distinctive notoriety for its ability to increase thinking capacity and trigger previously inactive regions of the brain also increasing problem-solving abilities. Named for Terrance McKenna, it has been used by philosophers and proven to increase self-awareness. This strain helps people go into deep self-exploratory trips. It is a hardy, self-reliant variety that is a stable grower.
• Golden Teacher P. cubensis strain: Although not a fast grower, it isn’t picky about its growing conditions, and it provides a high yield. It is loved by cultivators for its great flushes and loved by philosophers for its deep and meaningful trip experience. It provides a deep dive.
• Mazatapec P. cubensis: This is considered to be quite an effective mushroom for providing a good trip. Once it grows, and it does so quite slowly, to the point of causing some to wonder if it is growing at all, but it does provide large flushes that are very effective. It is known for providing what is referred to as an authentic high.
2. Psilocybe semilanceata (liberty caps)
As the most widespread naturally growing magic mushroom, they are also the third most potent of the psilocybin mushrooms. Native to Europe, they are widely distributed and still used throughout the world, particularly in Europe.
From Finland, France, Germany, Russia, and Turkey, liberty caps grow in grasslands, meadows, lawns, forests, pastures, and fallow farms. This is the variety that does well in acidic soils created by the fertilization with cattle or sheep manure.
The liberty cap also goes by the name “witch’s hat.” Being quite small, they are not always easy to find. Their “liberty caps” or “witch’s hat” contain a high amount of psilocybin; they are one of the most potent species. Although plentiful and hardy outdoors all over the world, they are most difficult to grow indoors and so are mainly harvested from natural environments for use. Be very careful when selecting them. They grow right next to poisonous, potentially fatal varieties that do not appear all that dissimilar to them.
3. Psilocybe azurescens
Originally found by boy scouts camping in Oregon in 1979, they are found in California and cover most of the United States to the east coast. The strongest of the Psilocybe species found in the wild, they are also known as azzies, blue runners, or blue angels. They grow well in sandy soils, or the duff of dead and decaying logs, or seagrass areas and dunes.
They grow in large clusters, so they are easy to harvest and are therefore harvested for commercial purposes. Unlike many other psilocybin-containing mushrooms, they do well in cooler climates, so they are a good choice for cultivation outdoors in areas of the United States and Europe. This variety is quite bitter to the taste, but they are the magic mushroom with the highest level of psilocybin. They are considered an ideal microdosing mushroom because so little is required to induce the desired effect. It follows that caution is required to avoid overdosing.
Azzies can be identified by their small size, thin stalks, and golden to brown caps that are bent inwards at the edges.
4. Psilocybe cyanensis (wavy caps)
Although widespread throughout many regions, its origin is said to be Central Europe and the Pacific Northwest. Dubbed wavy cap due to the wavy nature of the cap underside. Wavy caps are plentiful in large amounts in nature but do not grow well indoors. Due to the distribution of wood products throughout the world, its international spread is now extensive. From mulch material, wood chips, wood debris, its population has grown in gardens, parks, and farms.
Cyanensis is popular among magic mushroom merchants due to the potency, efficacy and high contents of psilocybin, psilocin, and baeocystin, which all contribute to the hallucinogenic experience. However, they do not grow well indoors and are most potent when fresh.
Their appearance is one of the white stalks and yellow to grey caps that have wavy undersides. They stain blue when disturbed or touched and tend to stain your hands with a bluish colour.
5. Psilocybe tampanensis (magic truffles)
This is one rare instance wherein the massive amounts of psilocybin are found under the ground, in the sclerotia, or “truffles,” not in the caps. Magic truffles are also referred to as philosopher’s stones or psilocybin truffles.
First discovered in Tampa, Florida, magic truffles can be homegrown by cultivators and are not picky about soil type of climate. The tampanensis has conical caps and are coloured yellow to brown. Their stalks are thin, and they have fairly dense sclerotia, which contain high levels of potent psilocybin. Comparatively speaking, their effects are a bit milder or less intense than other magic mushrooms.
Zoomies Has the Best Magic Mushrooms
We provide only the best strains of magic mushrooms, and our selection is based on a consideration of different experiences and your reason for use. We are more than a dispensary; we are your guide for determining the best way to suit your preference. We are the experts. Visit our site and buy magic mushrooms from Zoomies in Canada. Let us help you experience the best magic mushrooms.