ZoomiesCanada Has Some Surprising Facts About Psychedelics
As you might imagine, the facts don’t always line up with perception. But facts are facts, and when you examine them, there is no denying them. Here are 10 that should be of particular interest. The human history of mind-altering substances goes back thousands of years, probably much longer.
Recently, the light of scientific truth has been cast more brightly on psychedelics. As we learn more, we are finding some surprising truths about how they work and benefit us.
Just the Facts
Here are 10 Facts that May Surprise You.
- Shrooms are safe: Among all the recreational drugs, shrooms are the safest of all of them. According to the 2017 Global Drug Survey, compiling 120.000 inquiries from 50 countries, only 0.2% seek medical attention for psilocybin use, way below meth and alcohol, which are considered the most dangerous.
- MDMA may have clinical value: MDMA (or “ecstasy”) is proving to provide good therapy for military veterans suffering from PTSD, as well as autistic patients suffering from social anxiety. Rick Doblin, Ph.D. has done extensive research into the use of MDMA for treatment. This helps pave the way for revealing the benefits of psychoactive entheogens.
- LSD has its own day: Yes, LSD Day, or what is now referred to as “Bicycle Day,” because of Albert Hoffman’s famous bike ride home, is on April 20th. It is a day that psychonauts around the world celebrate his discovery.
- DMT occurs naturally in the human brain: Considered one of the strongest psychedelics known, and the active psychedelic ingredient in Ayahuasca, it is also produced in the human brain. Its highest concentration in our body occurs during birth and death. Referred to as the “spirit molecule,” it is also thought to be involved with our dream state.
- One of the influential shroom experts was also Vice President at J.P. Morgan: R, Gordon Wasson, a banker that was Vice President of Public Relations at J.P. Morgan, was an amateur ethnomycologist in the 1930s. As one of the biggest influences on our current understanding of the importance of Magic Mushrooms wrote several books on the subject and published several articles in Time Magazine promoting its use.
- The CIA tested LSD on unsuspecting subjects: It was called Project MKUltra, and it is not a conspiracy theory. LSD was used extensively on members of the population. People invited to CIA gatherings, that had caught on to their practice of spiking drinks, began to bring their own drinks.
- Peyote use is protected by the US government: The US government protects the right for members of a Native American church formed in 1914 called the First-Born Church of Jesus Christ to ingest peyote. The Native American church members convinced congress that they should be allowed to use peyote as a religious rite (special dispensation).
- Baseball superstar pitches a perfect game while on LSD: Dock Ellis, a regular LSD consumer, was a pitcher for the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 1970’s. In a game against the San Diego Padres on June 12th, 1970, he pitched a no-hitter while on an LSD trip.
- Psilocybin promotes brain development: Actual neurogenesis results from using psilocybin. Through the process of neuroplasticity, which is also the result of learning new things, new pathways are formed, a substance called glutamate is released in the prefrontal cortex. This releases BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic factor) which is key to neurological growth.
- Psilocybin can help you kick the habit of smoking: It has been shown that nearly all cigarette addictions are cured with the use of psilocybin. Many times, only one treatment is necessary.
ZoomiesCanada is Your Best Source
When you buy your magic mushrooms and related products from ZoomiesCanada, you are accessing the safest and highest quality shrooms available. You are also accessing the best guidance from our experts. Contact us. We look forward to serving you.